Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Six Months Old!

Lucy turned 6 months old last Saturday! She is becoming more and more active every day. She is getting really good at scooting/dragging herself across the floor. It's not unusual for me to find her several feet from where I laid her down to play. She wants to eat/taste everything! She always reaches for whatever we are eating. I've started giving her oatmeal cereal, fruit and sweet potatoes. I've also given her water in a sippy cup. She can hold on to it with both hands but hasn't learned how to tilt it up yet. Something else she has learned to do this past month is spit (blow her lips)...lol. I don't know who taught her that. One day I just noticed she was doing it all the time.
What a cutie!

Our silly girl still sticks her tongue out...such a goof ball :)

pretty blue eyes
trying to balance
She still can't sit up on her own so I propped her up against some pillows for playtime.


Above is a video of her "crawling" skills. I think it's funny how she kept looking at the camera and smiling before she started scooting towards the hat. Also she likes turning in circles :)
Below is a video of her getting on her hands and knees. She has learned how to get up on all fours but can't seem to go anywhere. She just rocks back and forth and gets very frustrated...as you can see :)


As Josh likes to say..."happy baby"
...scooting around

Poor baby got a mosquito bite on her forehead. Hope those mosquitoes don't like her as much as they like mommy :)
Also new this month...mommy cut some bangs!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how much she can move! And I LOVE your bangs! I've been debating on doing some myself, so don't think I'm copying you if you see them soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she's getting so big! Her face is filling out and she's looking older! At least Lucy knows how to get back down to her stomach from her knees. Libby just gets frustrated and is stuck! So she starts crying and looks pitiful. Libby's got her legs down as far as moving, but she has yet to conquer the arms. She is able to crawl on our bed, but hasn't gotten the floor down yet. Lucy may beat Libby with this milstone.
    Your bangs look great!
    We need to hang out again sometime. Maybe we can come to Maryville this time.

    ReplyDelete