Monday, January 4, 2010

Walking Practice


Our friends, Luke and Holly, recently loaned us this Fisher Price Walk N' Ride toy. So Sunday I was helping Lucy practice her walking skills and she loved it. She pushed it around the house for about 30 minutes.

It also converts to a riding toy. She wasn't a big fan of riding the little car...actually she got off all by herself :)
I love this little girl...
looking under the hood... :)

On a side note...my poor baby got beat up in children's ministry on Sunday. It was so pitiful. I went to pick her up from her class after church and her face was all red and she had scratches on both sides of her face. She just got moved up to the next class so all the kids in there are older than her. Looks like we are going to need to teach her to fight back...lol

Later that night she woke up around 11pm (after I had already laid her down for the night) and she was WIDE awake. She was playing with her exersaucer and was so energetic I had a feeling that she might try walking to me. I think all that "walking practice" earlier in the evening gave her the confidence to take a few steps. She did better on the first try but this video still captures some of her attempts :)
I have to say as excited as I was for her to walk to me I got a little emotional as soon as she did. It's like all of the sudden it hit me how quickly she is growing up and her first birthday is right around the corner. Slow down little baby...Mommy loves you and you are growing up so fast :(

2 comments:

  1. 1. Don't worry, they just told us Sunday that Gavin is getting bored in Little Lambs and has to move up, too, so he'll be her bodyguard!
    2. We have a walker/rider thing, too, and Gavin and Lucy are so opposite because he would prefer to ride than walk!
    3. I totally understand what you mean about being excited and so sad at the same time! That's happening to me all the time these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad she loves it and it's being put to good use...yay lucy...you go baby girl

    -holly

    ReplyDelete