Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Car Seat

So after many months of thinking about what kind of car seat to get for Lucy we finally decided on the Britax Marathon. Believe it or not, up until a week ago, Lucy was still riding in her infant car seat. I knew it would be safer for her to stay rear facing for as long as possible and she just recently reached the maximum weight (22 lbs.) and outgrew her infant seat for good. I really didn't know what kind of car seat to get but I am glad that we decided on a Britax. It seems really comfortable and I know it's one of the safest ones on the market.
This one is called the Marathon. It's nothing fancy but I think it will work just fine... AND I got a good deal on it at Babies R Us. I was really tempted to get the nicer model called the Boulevard but I decided to stick with my original decision :)
It looks SO much bigger in my car than her other car seat and it sits a lot higher up.
I think she is really enjoying facing forward and stays A LOT cooler in this summer heat.
Also it's just in time for a trip that we are going to be taking down to Alabama next week for my cousin's wedding. It's a 9-10 hour drive so I'm sure Lucy will do much better in this car seat. I'm hoping that I can entertain her with a portable DVD player. Anyone have one that I can borrow? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment